Well, we made it! The last day of Summer of Core.
I have to say it’s a little bittersweet for me This has been so much fun, both to concoct all this and to share it with all of you. I have loved practicing in class with you, and hearing about your experiences outside of class.
Today’s “finale” is like a Summer of Core greatest hits put together in a flow. See the video below (it’s about 10 minutes long).
Let’s Do It
Here’s the breakdown:
- Straight-Arm Plank (Day 1, 3 breaths)
- Side Plank with arm tuck (Day 9, 3-4 reps on each side)
- Forearm Plank (Day 19, 3 breaths)
- Dolphin Push-Ups (Day 21, 3 reps)
- Spinal Balance Knee to Nose Crunch (Day 15, 3-4 reps each side)
- Side Plank T-Flows (Day 16, 3-4 reps each side)
- Boat (Day 3, 3 breaths)
- Boat with Obliques (Day 5, 3 reps on each side)
- Low Boat (Day 4, hold for three breaths)
- Hip Lifts (Day 23, 3 reps)
- Writing Your Name in Cursive (Day 12)
- Sphinx Roll Up (Day 20, 3 reps)
- Cobra/Upward Facing Dog
- Child’s Pose
It’s Been Fun!
Thank you for being a part of Summer of Core. I hope that it helped give you more core strength and greater awareness of how a strong core supports a strong and healthy yoga practice and everyday movement.
I hope you can continue to work on building and maintaining core strength on your own using all the exercises of Summer of Core.