We’re going to get onto our backs today, with a move that gets deep into the transverse abdominis.
This move can be done simply by lifting the hips with the legs extended toward the sky. You’ll definitely start to feel it after a couple of lifts if you use lots of control.
Let’s Do It
- Lie flat on your back, your arms alongside your body.
- Extend your legs to the sky.
- Inhale, lift your hips toward the sky, reaching the souls of your feet up as well.
- Exhale, lower all the way back down slowly, with control. Legs stay lifted.
- Repeat five to 10 times.
Add on To It
For a bit more dynamic work, add an upper body reach, coming into the Jack Knife exercise.
- On your back with your legs elevated upward, extend your arms behind your head.
- Take a big inhale to stretch long.
- Exhale, reach your hands to touch your feet, while reaching your feet to touch your hands.
- Your hips and shoulders should come off the ground as you reach.
- Inhale, return to position one.
- Repeat five to 10 rounds.
Have fun with this one!