Today’s move is full of whimsy and fun, and at the same time more subtle than many of our previous days’ exercises.
This came from a video by Chelsey Korus on core work for yogis. If anyone knows Chelsey Korus, you know she’s a high-flying, strong and very flexible yogi, acrobat and dancer who has an incredibly strong core. I lasted about 15 minutes into her 30-minute video before my abs were completely on fire.
I transgress…today’s move is simple, but you need a yoga block or a thick, hardcover book, like a dictionary.
Let’s Do It
- Lie on your back, your knees pulled into your chest.
- Grab your block or your book and put it on the soles of your feet.
- Extend your legs straight to the ceiling, balancing the book flat on your feet.
- Draw you belly button in and up to flatten your back and engage your core.
- Write your name in cursive with your feet.
- Write your full name, your middle name, your last name in cursive with your feet.
- If you mess up or the block/book falls off, laugh a little and do it again.
- Try to keep your hips as level and stable as you can, as you move your legs in little dips and turns to get through your entire name.
Week 2 Fini
We’ve made it to the end of week 2! Congratulations for continuing on with this month of core work. Have you noticed any differences in your body? Do you feel stronger? Were you able to hold your plank 5 seconds longer this week?
Please let me know how things are going, and I’d love to see you in class soon! Check out my teaching schedule, and we can practice all of this core work together.
We will not have a new pose tomorrow (Sunday). Use that day to catch up. All the exercises are here. Or just rest and enjoy the day.